Doctor of Christian Leadership
This program is for students who are confident in their identity in Christ and know who to walk out their identity with authority. They want to increase their leadership competency even further by writing the book God has called them to write – even if they’re not sure what that is when they first start the program.
There are two types of student leaders for whom this program is appropriate: 1) They are actively involved in church or work leadership positions to help advance the vision of the leader they serve under or they are the leaders looking to advance their own ministry or business. 2) They have previously been in such positions but have stepped down for various reasons or have retired.
In addition to writing a book, students are required to mentor at least one emerging leader in their field because it’s important to pass on knowledge to the next generation of leaders. At this level, students should have the knowledge and skills to mentor others.
- Mentor at least one leader or emerging leader for a minimum of six months
- Literature Review for 10 books related to their book topic
- Cohort: Facebook Group – Lessons uploaded in files and various resources provided as relevant and necessary. Online group discussion to replace face-to-face meetings.
- Sample lesson topics: What is a Literature Review?, Effectively Use Microsoft Word, Properly Format Citations, etc.
- Content Advisor: Regular meeting to discuss content and the direction of the book
- Book Publishing: 25,000+ words, perfect bound book, professional editing & cover design
- Evaluation: Book to be evaluated by 2-3 volunteer evaluators. Must earn 80% or higher to pass. Revision process in place to allow students who don’t earn a high enough score with their first proof to revise and resubmit.